[kde-linux] Non-functional KDE 4.6 in openSUSE 11.4

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 21 03:15:59 UTC 2011

On 2011/11/20 14:18 (GMT-0800) FrankK composed:

> It's apparent to me that I have to be in the act of
> an installation to take advantage of help from this
> list.

Apparent in what way? Why do you think so? Your problem (per system) can
probably be solved for at least one of your 5 systems in a matter of less
than 5 minutes using a text editor by following the instructions provided
upthread, no download or DVD necessary.

> During the 11.4 install, the
> graphics work flawlessly whether kde or LXDE is
> selected for the installation.

The installer uses the same generic driver regardless of hardware in order to
come as close as possible to guaranteeing graphic installation can proceed to
completion. Rebooting the installed system tries to use the driver that best
matches your gfxchip.

LXDE and KDE can both be installed at the same time (along with Gnome, XFCE
&/or other DTEs), whether specified during or after initial installation.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/