[kde-linux] Kubuntu panel clock disappeared

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 14 14:11:52 UTC 2011

On 11/14/2011 04:50 AM, Dale wrote:
> Larry Alkoff wrote:
>>

>> When you tell me how to ascertain the KDE version I might be able to
>> get a better handle on the problem.
>>
>> Again thanks for your interest and help. You sound knowledgeable
>> enough that between us we can solve the problem.
>>
>> Larry
>
> Open anything KDE, Konsole, K3b, Konqueror or dolphin, or any other KDE
> app. In one of those, click Help in the menu and then About KDE. That
> should tell you the version of KDE.
>
> Also, just to be more clear, where do you want the clock to be? Do you
> want it on the task bar at the bottom or the desktop itself? By default
> its on the task bar thing at the bottom right. At least on every install
> I have seen anyway.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

Thanks for your help Dale.

Now I know how to find the KDE version, in help for Konsole or others.
My KDE version is 4.4.5 as is my wife's.

My preference for the clock is task bar bottom right.

I think wife did something to delete the clock.
Since it was a year ago and she didn't tell me, I can't look up error logs.

Larry

Larry