[kde-linux] Re: Setting wallpaper from shell?

Christopher Roy Bratusek zanghar at freenet.de
Sat May 28 08:30:38 UTC 2011

OK. Partial success:

  kwriteconfig --file plasma-desktop-appletsrc --group Containments
--group 42 --group Wallpaper --group image --key wallpaper "FILE"

works, but I still have problems on reloading the configuration, I tried:

  qdbus org.kde.plasma-desktop /MainApplication
org.kde.KApplication.reparseConfiguration

it didn't work... Any suggestion on reloading? Ah and I can't seem to
find the option for chaning the display-type
(scaled, streched etc), any hint?

Regards,
Chris