[kde-linux] Re: OT HTML email (was: multi-head: des...)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon May 16 18:30:43 UTC 2011

On Monday 16 May 2011 17:32:54 Duncan wrote:
> Meanwhile, I hate to see someone's plea for help go
> unanswered just because they either didn't realize they were posting HTML
> or don't know any better.  For many, a polite request is all it takes,

Sometimes the tone used by objectors is most disrespectful, too.  I generally
take the view that I should answer on the list, if I'm able, and tend to send
a short off-list message explaining why html mail isn't liked.

Another issue, though, is that people who use Outlook from a work computer
probably don't know how to turn it off - and there I can't help.  If it's from
any of the Mozilla-based mailers I can explain that, though.