[kde-linux] Re: Printing in 4.6.3

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Fri May 6 07:30:24 UTC 2011

On 05/06/2011 01:51 AM, Duncan wrote:

/snip/
> Note that I don't actually have a printer currently, but that's the sort
> of thing I used to do, occasionally.  (FWIW, when I do get another
> printer, it's going to be a laser printer, so it won't dry up here in the
> Phoenix heat, giving me what amounts to one print job per $30 cartridge
> ($10 cheap refill) with inkjets as I don't print that much.  That's
> ridiculous, and the reason I don't have a printer at this point.  I'd like
> to do color laser but might settle for black-toner-only; I've not really
> decided, but it's for sure going to be laser, as it's simply not worth
> wasting time and energy on inkjet any longer.)
/snip/

Not long ago there was a Brother laser for just under $100 that would
do wireless connection and duplex printing, and Brother is supposed to
be Linux compatible.  Assuming that model is still around, check for
compatibility.  I recommended it to a young college student, who thanked
me. (She was probably using Windows, however.)  Price I mention was
street price from the usual sources.  I have an HP workhorse from about
10 years ago, and I really would miss duplex, so that's what's so nice about
the Brother, at that price.
--doug

--
Blessed are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A. M. Greeley