[kde-linux] Re: Loosing keyboard in KDE

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Jun 8 17:40:18 UTC 2011

Pablo Sanchez posted on Wed, 08 Jun 2011 09:14:25 -0400 as excerpted:

> In my particular case, the problem may take up to 24 hours to exhibit so
> it's taking a while.  But I'm close!  :)

Ouch!  I had a problem at one point that didn't resolve cleanly (bads were
bad, but goods... might be bad too), and never did resolve the problem, at
least that way.

It was suspend/resume related, too, but on my desktop.  I just leave it on
or shut it down, now.

FWIW, there has been discussion of another case where git bisect simply
couldn't cut it, recently, on the kernel list.  Don't have time to find
the link now, but it was in an H-Online kernel log article from about a
week ago.  The problem there was a fixed and then reintroduced issue.

But especially for tests that don't require a full reboot and resolve
cleanly one way or the other, a bisect is generally about as efficient as
it gets, especially for people who don't claim to be able to read/write
code, themselves and thus can't easily instrument the code to see what's
going on.