[kde-linux] Re: Loosing keyboard in KDE

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Wed Jun 8 13:14:25 UTC 2011

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Wednesday 08 June 2011 at 8:56 am, Duncan penned
about "[kde-linux] Re: Loosing keyboard in KDE"

> Speaking as a HEAVY customizer myself, and thus one who has used the
> following "bisect" method to ultimately pinpoint such problems
> before, you do NOT have to rebuild your entire customization.

Hi,

Echoing Duncan's point, `bisecting' (also known as `bifurcation') is
the way to go.  I'm currently in the middle of attempting to determine
why my laptop's X dies after a resume from a suspend.

The approach I took (I believe read here) was to create a new account
on the machine and see if the problem still occurred.  When it didn't,
it pointed the finger to something within my environment.

At this point I was able to copy files from my home directory to the
test directory to try and isolate the issue.

In my particular case, the problem may take up to 24 hours to exhibit
so it's taking a while.  But I'm close!  :)

For those interested, it seems it may have been (or is? - it was
recently updated) `x11vnc'  After many days, I'm not done.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)