[kde-linux] Loosing keyboard in KDE

Klaus Vink Slott list-s at vink-slott.dk
Wed Jun 8 10:17:47 UTC 2011

Hi

After upgrading my OpenSUSE system from 11.3 to 11.4 my keyboard
freezes
when I log in to KDE. Not even NumLock on/off LED reacts, Xkill or
change to console. No problem at console or at gui login (kdm4). Mouse
works and keyboard resumes as soon as I log off.

If I move .kde4 out of the way I am able to login with a working
keyboard. So I guess that one of the upgraded kde programs dont like
some old setting. But I am really annoyed if I have to rebuild all my
kde customization. I have tried to remove .kde4/share/config/khotkeysrc
and .kde4/share/config/startupconfigkeys but that did not help.

Does anyone have an idea on which .kde4 files may freeze my keyboard?

--
Klaus