[kde-linux] Re: KMail Distribution Groups

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Jul 31 22:01:53 UTC 2011

John posted on Sun, 31 Jul 2011 21:02:05 +0200 as excerpted:

> Wonder if anyone has clever ideas as workarounds?? I tried copy and
> paste out of the distribution list in KAdressBook into the message but
> it copies the addresses with space separators which need to be changed
> manually.

Building on that, tho, what about this...

1) Copy it out of the kaddressbook list, into a text editor (kwrite or
whatever).

2) In the text editor, use global search and replace to replace all the
spaces.

3) Copy the fixed list out of the text editor, into kmail.

Certainly it's a hassle, but it might do as a work-around until you
switch to 4.7 or whatever.

(FWIW, I finished the akregator conversion last nite, then unmerged it
and the rest of kdepim, set the (gentoo) USE=-semantic-desktop that I
couldn't before because kdepim required it, unmerged and rebuild several
other packages including kmail, gwenview, dolphin, etc, without the
semantic-desktop stuff, changed to USE=-redland, -raptor, and -virtuoso
and unmerged them, nempmuk, akonadi-server, etc.  That left me with
soprano due to koffice-libs, but soprano's just a stub now without a
backend.  And FWIW, the system starts up a lot faster, now, and runs
without the hassles of all the warnings, etc, as well.  So I don't have
anything personal in that game any more, now.  Good luck!  =:^)