[kde-linux] Re: How to change notification popup time?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Jan 16 17:00:35 UTC 2011

Thomas Taylor posted on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 23:36:24 -0800 as excerpted:

> Is there a way to change the time that a popup notification is
> displayed?  I'm particularly wanting to know about the possible actions
> popup displayed when a CD/DVD is inserted in the slot.  For audio CDs
> this popup says 6 actions possible but it's displayed for such a short
> time these old eyes can't read and digest the whole list.
>
> I've searched through the "Configure Desktop" menus but wasn't able to
> find this setting.  Would someone point me to the setting or filr which
> controls the popup timing?

This is of some interest to me as well.  It seems to me that I came across
something describing how to set it at some point, but I've not seen
anything about it recently in either the GUI or on the lists.  Maybe it's
a config-file-only setting, without an option in the GUI?