[kde-linux] Re: Digital clock day & date

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 11:28:29 UTC 2011

Duncan wrote:
> Jerome Yuzyk posted on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 03:07:31 -0700 as excerpted:
>

>> How do you get the date displayed on the analog clock?
>>
> In general, just hover over it and see the popup, or click on it and get
> the calendar.
>
> But me?  I normally use the yasp-scripted time&top script I setup for
> that.  That screenshot I mentioned?  That's filling most of a panel that
> covers the upper third of my top monitor (dual 1920x1080 displays, stacked
> for a 1920x2160 desktop, that panel therefore covers the top sixth of the
> full desktop, tho I think the screenshot was when I had dual 1200s high so
> it's a bit taller).  If you followed the kdelook link, you'll have seen
> the time&top script to the far right of the wide screenshot.
>
> I /do/ find the analog clock handy to click on to get the calendar,
> however; handy enough, and the calendar functional enough, that as long as
> I have the analog clock displayed for mostly artistic purposes (other than
> the calendar-click function) anyway, I've not bothered with another
> solution for that.

I'm using KDE 4.6 and I just right click on the clock thingy and select
settings.  In that under Appearance on the left and Information on the
right, just check the box for Show Date.  Just typing it in but this is
sort of what mine looks like:

5:26:50
Thu, 10 Feb

Maybe I am using something different than you folks are.

Dale

:-)  :-)