[kde-linux] Re: [SOLVED]Re: Re: Two gripes with KDE under openSuSE 11.4

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Feb 8 16:03:27 UTC 2011

Thomas Taylor posted on Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:55:51 -0800 as excerpted:

> Thanks for the replies folks!  I got problems 1 & 2 solved by:
>
> 1)  ("Mail Notification Properties) turns out to be a GTK problem.
>
> 2)  ("Turn off all sound notifications) was accomplished by clicking "No
> audio output" under "Config Desktop > Notifications > Player Settings".
>
> 3)  (Loud buzz on input errors)  can be turned off by bringing up the
> mixer panel, go into Settings and add "buzz", then clicking on the mute
> button for it.

Thank /you/!  It's gratifying to occasionally see people report back what
worked.  That reward counts for a lot more than many realize when a
regular may otherwise be fighting burnout and wondering why bother any
more, so really, thanks!

Additionally (as you likely realize given the SOLVED subject revision =:^)
it makes the problem easier to solve for others who might run into it and
regulars here trying to help them. =:^)