[kde-linux] Re: Two gripes with KDE under openSuSE 11.4

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:26:11 UTC 2011

On Saturday 05 February 2011 07:27:28 Thomas Taylor wrote:
> 3)  Guess I lied!  Is there a way to turn off the VERY annoying buzzer
> sound that occurs in some programs when bad keyboard input occurs (such as
> trying to delete beyond/before a fill-in box?  It annoys my wife when
> she's sleeping and I'm working at the keyboard.

Could be the openSuse bell issue, see Google for numerous posts on the
openSuse forums and blogs.

Edit either /etc/inputrc (for system wide but may be overwritten by upgrades)
or ~/.inputrc (for just your user) and add/uncomment the line:

	set bell-style none

You may also want to blacklist the pc speaker driver.

John.