[kde-linux] Two gripes with KDE under openSuSE 11.4

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 07:27:28 UTC 2011

Hi fellow KDE users;

Sent to both lists for wider consideration.

I installed openSuSE 11.4 Milestone 6 a couple of days ago and have two gripes
with the KDE desktop.  This has KDE version 4.5.95 (RC2).

1)  Upon starting, whether from cold boot or restart, the "Mail Notification
Properties" popup appears.  I've searched through "Configure Desktop" but
haven't been able to find how to turn it off.  I don't use the KDE mail program
(kmail) and don't want to be notified about new messages.  How can I turn this
annoyance off?

2)  Is there a way (as in Winblows) to turn the sound off for ALL notifications
without having to turn off every single "play sound" button on every single
program, EASILY at a single click?  Winblows at least allows one to click on
"no sounds" for system notifications and still have audio available.

3)  Guess I lied!  Is there a way to turn off the VERY annoying buzzer sound
that occurs in some programs when bad keyboard input occurs (such as trying to
delete beyond/before a fill-in box?  It annoys my wife when she's sleeping and
I'm working at the keyboard.

Thanks, Tom

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
openSuSE 11.3 x86_64      openSUSE 11.4M6 x86_64