[kde-linux] Revive Quanta+?

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sun Dec 25 19:28:25 UTC 2011

Quanta+ (packaged as part of Kwebdev) is perhaps the single most
useful and unduplicated app in the KDE suite. However it died
when KDE4 came out.

Has anyone yet picked up the torch to update Quanta+ to work with
KDE4? I keep a Slackware 12.2 partition on my computer just for
this one app. There is the Trinity project but the VPL editor is
missing from the Trinity version of KDE3, which can run in
parallel with KDE4. also today none of the Trinity downloads will
work.

There are lots of useless projects in the KDE world, like Kword and
Kspread (Libre beats both.) But Quanta+ has no rivals in the Linux
world. Perhaps some resources could be tempted to work on this project.
It has an audience of loyal fans.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: