[kde-linux] Lost KMail, NUT-montior and QJackctl Icons from System Tray

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Dec 20 20:27:41 UTC 2011

After a failed attempt to change over my system to 64 bit and restoring, I
have problems getting plasma to reshow after rebooting the restored system. My
login was the only one exercised on the errant system. Going to another login
which worked fine, then going to mine got the desktop back. I had to replace
some of the icons, applets, the panel, etc., but it is fine.

However, certain icons that were shown on the system tray no longer show.
Kmail and qjackctl are indeed running but the icons are not there. The little
NUT monitor is a x-windows (GTK?) object that also went to the tray and the
app's window could be toggled from there.

How to get them back?