[kde-linux] Increasing the intensity of mouse-over

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Sat Dec 3 14:50:40 UTC 2011

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 12/03/2011 06:35 AM, Duncan wrote:

Hi Duncan

> Pablo Sanchez posted on Fri, 02 Dec 2011 09:42:18 -0500 as excerpted:
>

>> [ snipped ]
>>
>> However, if I bring up `System Settings' and mouse-over any of the
>> icons, the mouse-over color is extremely light.  I'd like to increase
>> this intensity while maintaining my `Selection Background'
>
> Argh!!  I had a nice very detailed reply almost ready to post, and lost
> it in a system crash

:(

> Try setting hover decoration color.

I tried the above but it didn't do what I wanted:  make the mouse-over
darker.

I find working with outliers helps me figure out things.  In this
particular case I set `Hover Decoration' to fuschia (aka `Hot Pink'
:).  I could see how it affected my other windows but it didn't change
what I was after.

Does it work for you:  when you set `hover decoration', does it change
the intensity of the mouse-over on the icons found in `System
Settings'?

The intensity I'm talking about seems related to `Selection
Background'  If I change `Selection Background' to a very dark color,
the mouse-over is a lighter version of it.  Consequently, if the
`Selection Background' isn't too dark, the mouse-over is too light for
my tastes.

There must be some sort of color-index which determines how much to (I
don't know if this is the proper term) desaturate the mouse-over
color.

> [ detailed explanation ]

Thank you for the detailed explanation!  There's a bit for me to
grok.  I may need some coffee!  :)

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)