[kde-linux] Re: initial panel height in 4.6.2

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Apr 28 03:52:38 UTC 2011

Felix Miata posted on Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:54:49 -0400 as excerpted:

> In 4.6.0 on openSUSE it was in
> /usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma/layout-templates/
> org.kde.plasma-desktop.defaultPanel/contents/layout.js
> but in 4.6.2 on Mandriva I can't find any such file, or anything
> containing "panel.height".
>
> Where and how is initial/default panel height set in 4.6.2?

You may be misremembering that location -- off by a single subdir.  Either
that or the two distributions use different locations.  Delete kde4/ from
the path above, IOW, /usr/share/apps... instead of /usr/share/kde4/apps...
and you should find the file.  If not, check /opt/share... or
/usr/local/share....

At least the /usr/share/apps... location is where Gentoo puts the files.
And FWIW, they're in the same place for both 4.6.0 and 4.6.2.  And the
content of the file is identical as well.  No changes to either the file
content or location between the two versions.  That's actually as
expected, at least for the location (the content might change slightly),
since it'd be extremely unusual for kde to change locations in the middle
of the 4.6 bugfix-only cycle like that, even if they decided they needed
to change it going forward.  Rather, they'd wait for the next feature
release, 4.7.0, to change it, if they were to change it at all.