[kde-linux] Re: Kpatience not closing correctly when logging out.

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Apr 24 22:15:52 UTC 2011

Duncan posted on Sun, 24 Apr 2011 18:41:44 +0000 as excerpted:

> So while I've been on 4.6.2 for awhile, now, I can't say that I've seen
> the behavior you mention, but that's because it'd be extremely rare for
> me to have kpat open at kde shutdown in any case.  I guess I'll have to
> try it and see, but of course, that'll kill my partially composed
> message, so I guess I send this and do a followup after my test.

Yes, an open kpat at kde shutdown results in a segfault here, as well. =:^(

That's a definite bug as it should handle X shutdown gracefully.  I'd
suggest filing it as such, with kde.

Also, if you know that it worked correctly with current gentoo/kde stable
(an old 4.4.something), please consider filing a gentoo/kde bug as well.
There's some urgency here as 4.6.2 is set to be stabilized as early as
later this week!