[kde-linux] Re: Start-up tune

Wolfgang Mueller wm at ariannuccia.de
Thu Apr 21 11:14:01 UTC 2011

On 04/20/11 10:22, Alex Schuster wrote:

> Wolfgang Mueller writes:
>
>> When kde starts, a short, noisy and ugly music piece is played. If I
>> remember well, the same is done at shutting down. How can I get rid
>> of it?
>
> You mean the nice tune that I like a lot?

De gustibus...

> In KDE 4.6, it's
> Systemsettings ->  Application and system notifications ->
> manage notifications -> Applications ->  KDE Workspace  ->  Login/Logout.
> Or something like that, translated my German localization.

In my KDE 4.6.00 release 6 the first 5 items are the same:

Systemsettings ->  Application and System Notifications ->
Manage Notifications -> Applications

But Applications does not contain any of the items you specified,
i.e. neither KDE Workspace nor Login/Logout, nor anything similar to
these words. So I do not think that it is a translation problem (to
avoid problems like that, I use the English versions of all
programs; that makes it easier to get help in an English speaking
mailing list or newsgroup).

Nevertheless the solution was quite simple. Instead of Applications
I opened Player Settings. And there I checked the option "No audio
output". That helped.

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Bye,
Wolfgang