[kde-linux] Re: No panel/taskbar after going to single monitor

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Apr 5 00:01:36 UTC 2011

Mark Knecht posted on Mon, 04 Apr 2011 08:37:52 -0700 as excerpted:

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
>> Mark Knecht posted on Sun, 03 Apr 2011 09:58:41 -0700 as excerpted:
>>
>>> I've got a KDE problem.

>>> As KDE doesn't even give the option to open a terminal using a right
>>> click I don't know how to proceed.
>>
>> KDE 1 was a long time ago.  I didn't know it had dual monitor support?
>> But the only time it doesn't make sense to include the kde version is
>> before there's other versions to talk about, so you /must/ be talking
>> about something in the kde1 era, right?
>>
>> =;^P
>>
> I guess I'm not smart enough to understand the comment above. KDE 1?
> You know I'm a Gentoo user and old stuff isn't in portage.

It was a joke, thus the "=;^P" , followed by the "seriously" as I got down
to business.  I was simply being deliberately obtuse, choosing to read the
lack of a version number as indicating it was kde 1, since the first
version being the /only/ version, often doesn't have a version number
associated with it.

But like most jokes, if it has to be explained, it isn't really as funny
any more...

Whatever.  That first bit can be safely ignored as the joke it was
intended to be.  The important stuff comes after the "seriously".