[kde-linux] KOrganizer

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Sep 16 00:57:01 UTC 2010

D. R. Evans posted on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:36:03 -0600 as excerpted:

> Duncan said the following at 09/15/2010 05:21 PM :
>

>> I know you're a dev and I sincerely thank you for your work, but could
>> you please turn off the HTML?  It's terribly annoying!
>
> He sent a MIME multipart/mixed message:

> So he was giving you the choice of whether you wanted to see HTML or
> plain text. If, like me, you don't like HTML, do as I do and simply
> display the plain text version. I didn't even know there was any HTML
> there until I went and looked at the source of his e-mail.

Some non-HTML parsing clients display all text/* portions inline, thus
including both text/plain and text/html.  (Some bad posting clients only
send the content in the HTML part, but still include a dummy text/plain
part, so at the receiving end, only displaying the text/plain will not
display the content at all.  I've had that happen to me trying to read
messages in kmail, occasionally, tho in most cases, I'd argue if it's in
HTML only, it's obviously content that's not worth reading, so haven't
been /too/ concerned with it.)