[kde-linux] Polkit issues

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Wed Sep 8 20:01:04 UTC 2010

Hallo,

Following James Tyrer's instructions, "Getting Started/Build/KDE4/LFS", I managed to compile "polkit-kde-1-0.95.1.tar.bz2". However, James, there seems to be an error in your Patch: the instruction "endif (DESKTOP_INSTALL_DIR)" lacks an "if" and leeds to an configuration error. I skiped this statement.

Polkit-kde builds and installs smoothly, but nothing else happens ! I changed _by Hand_  in  /usr/share/PolicyKit /policy all "allow_any"'s from "no" to "yes" ( I know, KDE's people will kill me, but I am sad ), and after this for the first time in life I was allowed to grant permissions to "edgar" in "System settings"-> Permissions ! However, I wasn't rewarded:  I am still not allowed e.g. to change date and time. To be honest: I do not know at all what permissions I got. Perhaps some of you can guide me.

By the way, "org.freedesktop.policykit.policy" is the only file in /usr/share/PolicyKit /policy. Also: there are no files at all in /etc/xdg/autostart.

Policy issues remains a nightmare. I hope, someone can help a little.

Edgar

--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralwers at gmx.de>