[kde-linux] Problems building kdebase-4.5.0 Solved !

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Fri Sep 3 20:45:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 18:36:55 -0700
James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:

>   On 08/29/10 06:36, Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> > Hi Duncan, Hi James
> >
> > building kdebase-4.5.0 I get an make error
> >
> > " kdebase-4.5.0/apps/dolphin/src/search/dolphinsearchoptionsconfigurator.cpp:366: error: 'QueryFiles' is not a member of 'Nepomuk::Query::FileQuery'
> Go to your build directory for KDEBase, and open the file: "CMakeCache.txt"
> and see what the value is for:
>
> NEPOMUK_QUERY_LIBRARIES:FILEPATH=

Hi,

sorry for the delay, but I was for some days out of home.

The CMakeCache.txt values were OK. The problem was, that I did not build "shared-desktop-ontologies" before building kdelibs ! This package is needed by kdebase ! But it is beeing addressed as "optional" in the kdelibs cmake. And I had no idea, for what  I would need such a package.

I would suggest to change the configuration of kdelibs accordingly, or at least, to add a remark telling that kdebase will not build unless ontologies are compiled during the kdelibs building process.

Again, thanks a lot for the help !

Edgar

--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralwers at gmx.de>