[kde-linux] Re: Broken kppp after previously working! Please help!

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Oct 27 08:40:03 UTC 2010

Frank K posted on Tue, 26 Oct 2010 21:55:44 -0700 as excerpted:

>       To recap, BG always worked. BB started working with kppp when I
>       added myself to the dialout group. BB started working with
>       qinternet when I manually changed the serial port from ttyS1 to
>       ttyS0.

Thank you! =:^)  There's few enough dialup users left, and many of the
rest of us were eager enough to forget it like a bad dream, that having
your report of the problem and fix in the archives is a very good thing;
it'll very possibly help someone else who comes looking for that answer,
that most of us couldn't help, however much we'd like to.