[kde-linux] Re: CPU frequency options in KDE Power Management (PowerDevil)

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Nov 30 14:31:00 UTC 2010

Lorenzo Bettini posted on Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:45:16 +0100 as excerpted:

> my laptop CPUs can support CPU frequency scaling (tested in the past); I
> also installed cpufrequtils; but in PowerDevil (the Power Management
> dialog of KDE) CPU frequency scaling options are not shown... only
> "Enable system power saving" in the "CPU and System" dialog (of edit
> profiles).
>
> Is it a known issue?

FWIW, my netbook uses laptop-mode-tools to handle things pretty much
automatically, and when I do touch it manually, it's thru the command-line
tools, not kde, so I don't use powerdevil, etc, here and can't directly
answer your question.  That said...

Please repost the question with at least /some/ information about what
distribution release and kde version you're using.  There's nary a version
of ANYTHING AT ALL listed in your post! =:^(  Versions for the kernel and
cpufrequtils you may be using could be useful as well, if they aren't the
distribution defaults and/or for those who use other distributions that
might or might not be affected.

Without that, as the kernel folks would say,
-ENODATA (error, no data available).