[kde-linux] Re: fstab--translation?

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 29 18:12:57 UTC 2010

On 11/22/2010 10:54 PM, Doug wrote:
> On PCLINUXOS, a KDE-derived system, the fstab appears
> as shown here, below.  (I hope--I pasted a Ksnapshot in.)
>

> I tried some time ago to run WINE, but I needed to input files from a floppy, and the os wouldn't recognise it.  I think it needs to be in the
> fstab, but I can't read this stuff, and I have no idea how I would find the UUID of my floppy drive.
For WINE to find a drive, your must assign a synthetic drive letter to
the directory in question.  You do this in addition to the regular
configuration.  However, floppies do not appear in the: 'fstab' file
because they are mounted by the user (or automounted).

You can probably access your floppy through the "Z:" drive which is:
"/".  So if your floppy is mounted at: /mnt/floppy/a, you can access it
at: Z:\mnt\floppy\a\

If you want your floppy to be: "A:", you will need to assign that.  So,
run the: 'winecfg' program and then click on the: "Drives' tab.  Consult
the documentation on exactly how to use this.  You can probably click
the: "Autodetect..." button and then Remove anything that you don't
want.  If you have multiple bottles, you will have to do this for each
of them.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch