[kde-linux] Bug 232617 KDESU Doesn't work on:

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 6 11:29:50 UTC 2010

  It is difficult to understand why bugs that have patches attached are
closed without being fixed.

Perhaps if you read the bug, you might have a better understanding of
the problem.

My analysis, off the top of my head, would be that the KDE project gives
developers positive reinforcement for how many bugs that they close, not
how many bugs that they fix.

IAC, I remembered that this bug had never been fixed when I upgraded to
the 4.5 BRANCH, it is no problem for e because I use my patch, but I
thought that perhaps other users had the same problem and it would be
nice if my patch was committed.

IIUC, users are permitted to reopen their bugs if they have not been fixed.

I don't know exactly what I should say about this but it would appear
that when developers have the time to interfere with people trying to
fix bugs and when they have the time to write nasty comments on Bugzilla
somebody that is actually working on fixing bugs, there is something
wrong here.

IAC, the patch is attached and it should also fix Bug 183671.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem in Bug 183671, so I would
appreciate it if someone that is having KDESU fail on: "Last login:
<date of last login>"  would please test it for me.

Note that you can see why KDESU is failing by running it in a Konsole:

     kdesu konqueror

If you don't have the command: 'kdesu' available, you need a link:

$KDEDIR/bin/kdesu -> $KDEDIR/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch