[kde-linux] adjust date and time

Peter Catchlove pcatchlove at t-online.de
Wed Nov 3 15:21:23 UTC 2010

Thanks for the detailed reply. I guess I've got it coming if I use debian
testing: presumably stable doesn't have this problem. In the meantime, I've
learnt how to set the time at cli.
Sounds like I should set the timezone, or be using ntp, since my hwclock
drifts quite badly, but I'll have to wait until the GUI is working again
unless there's an easy way of doing these at the cli.
It says you need a permanent connection for ntp. Is there no way it can just
check against the network once a day or at boot?

thanks again..
Peter C.