[kde-linux] KDE 4.5.2 - very cool!

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Wed Nov 3 02:08:13 UTC 2010

Howdy,

I've stayed at `openSUSE 11.1' because I wasn't ready for KDE 4.x.  I
spent some time earlier in the year and tested `openSUSE 11.3' which
paced KDE 4.4.

Having some idle moments, I installed `openSUSE 11.3' and upgraded KDE
4.4 to KDE 4.5 and wow!  Very very nice.

I'm currently testing using a scrap HDD via a USB/{IDE,SATA} dongle.
I'm either able to do what I have with KDE 3.5 or do it better.

I tried the proprietary NVIDIA driver with KDE 4.5.2 however
`kdeinit4' had a fiery death.

I have two main pieces of KDE-ware I depend on:  kmail and to a
smaller extent, akregator.  I'll see if I can test them tomorrow.

If all goes well, looks like it's time for an upgrade.

Well done KDE Developers!

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)