[kde-linux] XDG vs. KDE-4 Menu

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun May 30 21:42:51 UTC 2010

Kevin Krammer posted on Sun, 30 May 2010 20:41:55 +0200 as excerpted:

> Additionally to Duncan's good hints, check that the variable is actually
> set early enough.

Good addition! =:^)

> One way to check is to run ALT+F2 and use env > /tmp/env.out to check
> the environment of application's launched by the main KDE session.

Thx for the hint! =:^)  I always have trouble with that when I'm trying to
troubleshoot why, for instance, a gtk app started from konsole looks
different than the same app started from the menu (whichever one) or
krunner.  (Hint, if kde's color settings are set to export colors to other
apps, kde sets the gtkrc vars to point to its color settings, but
depending on start method, the vars might not actually be set when the
starting gtk app checks them.)