[kde-linux] Trial and error dependencies again?? Ruby

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Wed May 12 04:34:58 UTC 2010

Well, I updated Ruby to 1.9.1.  There is no indication in the CMake
script for KDEBindings as to which version is required.  However, it
will not build against 1.9.1 (although the CMake script shows no error).
  So, again it appears that an older version of a dependency (1.8.x) is
required and there is nothing to indicate this to a user.

Could someone confirm that KDEBindings will not work with Ruby-1.9.x but
rather requires the older Ruby-1.8.x?

Again, I state the obvious that having to determine the required
versions of dependencies by trial and error is unacceptable -- not user
friendly.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch