[kde-linux] KAuth continued

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 26 19:17:46 UTC 2010

I worked on this some more and now I get an dialog asking for the root
password.  But, it doesn't work.  I get this error:

Unable to authenticate/execute the action: 7, DBus Backend error: could
not contact the helper. Connection error: . Message error: Did not
receive a reply

Does anyone know what "the helper" is, or point me to the documentation?

Would that be: "kauth_helper_plugin"?  I have a file:

/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/kauth/helper/kauth_helper_plugin.so

Is that installed in the correct place?  Is there some configuration
needed for it to be contacted?

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch