[kde-linux] Help needed: KAuth and SystemSettings.

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 26 18:30:24 UTC 2010

On 03/26/10 08:04, James Loughner wrote:

> On 03/25/2010 04:08 PM, James Tyrer wrote:
>> Getting back to "seriously broken", it appears to me that whether or not
>> KDE is, to whatever extent, "broken" should be judged not by the ability
>> of various distros to fix what is broken, but must be judged based on
>> the code which KDE releases.
>>

> Let's see you are hand building a beta release and you are surprised
> that something is broken??

I would not be surprised to find that there were bugs in a Beta release.
  But, what does building it from source have to do with anything?  I
have build previous releases of KDE from source hundreds of times.

> What is wrong with this picture?

What is wrong is that this is release 4.4.1 which is not a Beta release
-- at least KDE does not represent it as a Beta release although I might
differ about that.

What is wrong is that it appears that a new feature was added before the
feature was 'ready for prime time' (before it was stable and worked).
This is an ongoing issue with KDE and they need to find a solution to it.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch