[kde-linux] Akonadi and PostgreSQL

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Mar 17 08:20:28 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, 2010-03-17, Kevin Kempter wrote:

> Here's what I see:
>
> I edited the file $HOME/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc as follows:
>
> [%General]
> Driver=QPSQL
> SizeThreshold=4096
> ExternalPayload=false
>
> [QMYSQL]
> Name=akonadi
> Host=
> User=
> Password=
> Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/home/kkempter/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.sock
> et" ServerPath=/usr/libexec/mysqld
> StartServer=true
>
> [Debug]
> Tracer=null
>
> [QPSQL]
> Name=akonadi
> Host=localhost
> User=akonadiuser
> Password=akonadi001
> Port=5477
>
> Then I rebooted the laptop. Upon logging in I checked the file and it
>  remained as I edited it (Driver=QPSQL)
>
> However after I start Kmail, the file is changed like this:
> [%General]
> Driver=QMYSQL
> SizeThreshold=4096
> ExternalPayload=false
>
> [QMYSQL]
> Name=akonadi
> Host=
> User=
> Password=
> Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/home/kkempter/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.sock
> et" ServerPath=/usr/libexec/mysqld
> StartServer=true
>
> [Debug]
> Tracer=null
>
> [QPSQL]
> Name=akonadi
> Host=localhost
> User=akonadiuser
> Password=akonadi001
> Port=5477
>

> What the heck?  Anyone have any suggestions?

Since the file still contains the QPSQL specifc settings, this looks a lot
like a bug to me, i.e. something writing the [%General] section but not having
read it correctly.
Could have been missed when Postgres capabilities were introduced.
Strange thing is that it sometimes works, makes it harder to determine the
actual cause :(

Can you reproduce it everytime you first start KMail after a reboot?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring