[kde-linux] Akonadi and PostgreSQL

Kevin Kempter kevink at consistentstate.com
Wed Mar 17 01:31:28 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 16 March 2010 06:28:51 pm Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2010-03-16, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> > Hi all;
> >
> > about once every three times I boot my laptop (Fedora 12 x86_64, KDE 4.4)
> > I get a warning dialog that tells me Akonadi failed to start with MySQL.
> >
> >  However I've setup a PostgreSQL instance just for Akonadi and entered
> >  its settings into the akonadi advanced configuration screen.
>
> Sounds like the settings aren't stored correctly or overwritten/deleted
> somehow so the program falls back to the embedded defaults.
>
> They should be saved to $HOME/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc
>
> Check that they are correctly there after you managed to get it run
> correctly and check whether they are still that way when it does not work
> as intended.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Here's what I see:

I edited the file $HOME/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc as follows:

[%General]
Driver=QPSQL
SizeThreshold=4096
ExternalPayload=false

[QMYSQL]
Name=akonadi
Host=
User=
Password=
Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/home/kkempter/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket"
ServerPath=/usr/libexec/mysqld
StartServer=true

[Debug]
Tracer=null

[QPSQL]
Name=akonadi
Host=localhost
User=akonadiuser
Password=akonadi001
Port=5477

Then I rebooted the laptop. Upon logging in I checked the file and it remained
as I edited it (Driver=QPSQL)

However after I start Kmail, the file is changed like this:
[%General]
Driver=QMYSQL
SizeThreshold=4096
ExternalPayload=false

[QMYSQL]
Name=akonadi
Host=
User=
Password=
Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/home/kkempter/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket"
ServerPath=/usr/libexec/mysqld
StartServer=true

[Debug]
Tracer=null

[QPSQL]
Name=akonadi
Host=localhost
User=akonadiuser
Password=akonadi001
Port=5477

What the heck?  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance