[kde-linux] Distro for using KDE 4.4

Denis A. AltoƩ Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 01:04:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Alain Mouette <alainm at pobox.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying KDE4 with Kubuntu for some time without success.
> *BUT* I am considering that a big part of the problem is Kubuntu and not
> KDE :)

You can't go wrong with Chakra, a KDE live cd distribution based on
Arch Linux. It has even a visual installer. Pretty cool.

http://www.chakra-project.org/

But I also advise to read about Arch first, because Arch Linux is a
different type of animal from the usual distros.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux

and the beginner's guide:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners'_Guide

With Chakra, the installation is very facilitated, but after that, you
should be acquainted with Arch to get it updated.

Hope that helps.

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?