[kde-linux] Akonadi and PostgreSQL

Kevin Kempter kevink at consistentstate.com
Tue Mar 16 19:26:38 UTC 2010

Hi all;

about once every three times I boot my laptop (Fedora 12 x86_64, KDE 4.4) I
get a warning dialog that tells me Akonadi failed to start with MySQL. However
I've setup a PostgreSQL instance just for Akonadi and entered its settings
into the akonadi advanced configuration screen.

In these cases I have to go to :
system settings -> advanced -> akonadi server -> advanced

and do the following:
1) stop the current running instance of akonadi for MySQL
2) select the PostgreSQL config from the database type pulldown
3) start the PostgreSQL instance
4) 'apply' the settings

It's fairly annoying, is there any way to tell akonadi to always use the
PostgreSQL db and never again use the MySQL db ?

Thanks in advance