[kde-linux] PolicyKit policies and KAuth: Day & Time -- SystemSettings

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Mon Mar 15 04:08:44 UTC 2010

On Saturday 13 March 2010 15:12:43 James Tyrer wrote:

> 	"You will be asked to authenticate before saving"
>
> But, it doesn't work.  When I change the TimeZone, the: "Apply" button
> is not activated.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. (HELP!).

Congratulations, James, you are much more on the way than I am. I build
kdelibs with the -DKAUTH_BACKEND=PolkitQt-1 option, then I build kdebase.
After that, my system did not more start. I got a kdm message. "(EE) Failed to
initialize GLX extension ( compatible nvidia x driver not found)". But I do
not care about any GLX extensions, my IBM ThinkPad laptop has an Intel card
with intel drivers, not any nvidia ones ! I am realy getting nuts.

Definitly, the system is becoming unusable for normal persons. Why am I at
home, with my closed shop PC, not allowed to change the time, timezone ? And
my badly needed programs like kmymoney, qbankmanager etc. can not be run,
due to a false timezone ?
Please help. Do I need to recompile the complete chain of kdelibs, base, work
etc ? And should we change to 4.4.1 or would we increase the problems with
that ?
Edgar