[kde-linux] Sidux uses Kubuntu KDE version for desktop

denis fprckq at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 14 21:53:03 UTC 2010

Hello,
please let me know if this is not the correct list to post this inquiry in.
Over the last 2 months I changed operating systems, going from
Kubuntu, OpenSuse, and finally chose Sidux.
Sidux ran great and I tried to get the latest updates but I messed up
the windom managers and my home directory.
The default KDE desktop for Sidux used to be a red and black
background, but now after choosing the KDE Session type at login
the blue Kubuntu KDE version appears.
I've reloaded the Sidux OS several times and it starts with the default
red/black Sidux KDE Desktop, but as soon  as I untar my home
directory, it reverts to the blue KDE desktop at the next startup.
I use Eagle to design PC boards and use a ULP script which was
upgraded 2 months ago. Now when the script is called it runs an
older version from 2 years back.
Both of these problems started when I tried to update the OS. I think
that attempt may have corrupted my home directory, and  the
problems I'm experiencing are caused by my home directory.
Would any one have any idea how I can resolve this.
cheers,
Denis