[kde-linux] Index++

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Mar 11 08:49:24 UTC 2010

This is a file indexer. I never requested it, do not know what installed it or
what runs it. But suddenly I see one more wasteful daemon bogging down KDE.

I run recoll. Its indexing runs niced 19 in the background, disturbs nobody,
slows down nothing. In this manner, it is more effective than Nepomuk, Strigi
or any of the other overblown resource hawgs. ( I had tried google before as
well--yuk!)

1. I want to stop index++.
2. I would like backend option for rcoll in akonadi.
3. 'Twould be fairly simple to rattle off a runner to exercise recoll's CLI.
Probably do so when I have a little more time for programming.