[kde-linux] Testing KDE4, again...

Alain Mouette alainm at pobox.com
Wed Mar 10 18:32:23 UTC 2010

Hi, I am a big KDE3 fan...

I started testing KDE4, with Kubuntu-10.04-alpha3 inside a Virtualbox
(Kubuntu 8.04 host)

This is KDE4.4 and is suposed to be a "good version", but the fact is
that I am having a *bad* user experience:

1) The new desktop is strange to me, is there an explanation of anytype
of what it is intended to acomplish, why is it better, etc.? Even how to
configure it (including hwo to go back to old behaviour???

2) Network ethernet is ok (I can navigate and ifconfig confirms that),
but in the "Network settings" there is no network connection. Shouldn't
thare be all machines connections? it was so with many KDE3 distro that
I used (older Mandiva/Kubuntu).

Thanks for the help,
Alain