[kde-linux] Authorization issues. Was: Time Zone settings etc.

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Thu Mar 4 16:06:21 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 24 February 2010 23:16:17 you wrote:

> If this works, you should then be able to go to: "SystemSettings ->
> Advanced -> PolicyKit Authorization" and give yourself the necessary
> authority.

Hallo James, Hallo Duncan,

I was working all these days on the authorization issue. No way. I got DBus,
DBus-Glib, HAL,HAL-Info, PolicyKit, EggDBus, polkit, ConsoleKit, polkit-qt and
polkit-qt-1 build. But no  PolicyKit Authorization shows up in my
SystemsSettings.
Could you tell me, who or what is filling System-Settings and what do I need to
do ? It became an extreemly difficult job to build KDE-4.4, and I have already
build more then 10 BLFS systems !

Thanks a lot again, and sorry for the inconveniences.
Edgar