[kde-linux] KDE 4.2.4

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Wed Mar 3 18:48:17 UTC 2010

Am Wednesday 03 March 2010 19:31:48 schrieb Louis Hinman:
> I just upgraded my Linux installation to Slackware 13.0, which incorporates
> KDE 4.2.4.
>
> My previous installation was Slackware 12.2, which incorporated KDE 3.5.10.
>
> I am dismayed to find KDE 4.2.4 running very s-l-o-w.

is this application behaviour, startup time etc. or 'just' responsiveness like
scrolling/switch applications ... ?
if it is the latter, try first disabling all desktop effects.
additionally, what graphics card/X11 drivers do you have ?
it is well known, that kde 4.x behaves very sluggish with certain combinations
thereof.
see my experience with intel onboard graphics/kde/xorg here:
http://www.hoernerfranzracing.de/php/wordpress/?cat=3

HTH

werner