[kde-linux] KDevelop

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Jul 28 16:47:20 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, 2010-07-28, Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:11:13 +0300
>
> David Baron <d_baron at 012.net.il> wrote:
> > Tried to use the new KDevelop. Took so long to come up, searching a lot
> > of things, that I finally gave up.
> >
> > What gives with this great tool??
>
> I worked long time with kdevelop for qt3. Now I installed the new kdevelop
> 4 under KDE-4.4. ( Linux from the scratch, self built  )  and qt-4.6.1 and
> started -slowly- with some of my old projects, with  the help of  "C++ GUI
> programming with qt4" from Blanchette/Summerfield.
>
> Results up to now very good, including Qt-Designer. The system has changed
> considerable with respect to the qt3 one, but seems to be already very
> stable. I can encourage you to continue working with it ! Edgar

I have been using it in the early days and just recently came back again (with
the new release).

It can do pretty amazing stuff now, see this video of a talk about it at this
year's Akademy:
http://home.kde.org/~akademy10/videos/KDevelop4-Milian_Wolff_and_Aleix_Pol.ogv
and slides
http://home.kde.org/~akademy10/slides/KDevelop4-Milian_Wolff+Aleix_Pol.pdf