[kde-linux] Akonadi_maildir_resource

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jul 25 11:52:10 UTC 2010

On Sunday, 2010-07-25, David Baron wrote:
> My KDE4 is excruciatingly slow to start up. The culprit is Akonadi.
> Specifically akonadi_maildir_resource. A zillion of these start up and
> until most of them die out, nothing can move. I have not been able to
> simply ask for one or a desired small number of these (I have one
> vcs/maildir folder--how many "resources" does the require for kmail to run
> properly?).

By default there should only be one maildir resource.
It is being created as a requirement of the mail dispatcher agent and operates
on $HOME/.local/share/local-mail

There was a bug in one of the earlier 4.4 versions (IIRC) that made the
maildispatcher not see the resource it had created so it continue to create
new ones.

You should be able to remove them by running

kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi

or

akonadiconsole.

As a rule of thumb there is one resource per distinct storage location, e.g.
one vcard resource per multi contact vcard file, one maildir resource per
maildir tree (operating on the selected directory and all its subdirectories,
i.e. not one resource be subdirectory).

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring