[kde-linux] Akonadi_maildir_resource

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Jul 25 06:16:48 UTC 2010

My KDE4 is excruciatingly slow to start up. The culprit is Akonadi.
Specifically akonadi_maildir_resource. A zillion of these start up and until
most of them die out, nothing can move. I have not been able to simply ask for
one or a desired small number of these (I have one vcs/maildir folder--how
many "resources" does the require for kmail to run properly?).

How can one fix this or get it under some control?

Alternative mail program and scrap akonadi (or at least all its processes
touching email)?