[kde-linux] Disappearing X windows

Doug Cartwright cartd at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 00:58:47 UTC 2010

I have older X windows programs written in C. The windows open fine but
any sub-windows only flash briefly and then disappear. For example one
of the programs displays a colour coded grid which normally allows you
to select a portion of the grid to display in a separate window, but in
KDE it just flashes briefly. I have tried every possible combination in
the "window behaviour" system settings without success. Any ideas would
be appreciated. I am very impressed with KDE and I appreciate all the
work that has obviously gone into it, it would be painful to go back to
a regular desktop.

Thanks in advance