[kde-linux] plasma-desktop crashes after upgrade in kubuntu

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jan 5 14:03:40 UTC 2010

Jim Philips posted on Tue, 05 Jan 2010 06:26:30 -0500 as excerpted:

> You can try removing all previous plasma configs and restarting:
>
> kquitapp plasma-desktop && rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop* &&
> plasma-desktop &

FWIW, I'm seeing a very similar issue (I recognize part of the output)
with kde 4.3.4 on a new install on my netbook.  I started with an almost-
empty homedir (just .bashrc, etc), and blew it away again to verify, and
that doesn't help.

I had supposed it might be my C(XX)FLAGS, seeing as I run Gentoo and
compiled from source -- and it's a machine I'm not particularly familiar
with yet, so I don't know how robust my C(XX)FLAGS actually are on this
machine, with its Intel Atom 270.

But if the same thing is happening here with a kubuntu upgrade, that
seems to indicate that it might be something else...

I've not spent too much time on it, tho, as I didn't really know what to
do with it, and I'm still configuring a bunch of other stuff on the
machine, and as mentioned, I can still run stuff from krunner, or a
konsole started from krunner, etc.  Anyway, I'll be watching this thread
to see if there are any hints that might help me, too.