[kde-linux] kmail - turn off html?

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 01:19:50 UTC 2010

Duncan wrote:
> Dale posted on Thu, 31 Dec 2009 16:08:25 -0600 as excerpted:
>

>> One could also add that you could forward a email to a windoze user that
>> has something "nasty" attached and not even know it.  After all, most
>> viruses won't do anything on Linux since they are written to run on
>> windoze.  You can forward them to someone where it does cause harm. Even
>> tho I don't like windoze, I wouldn't want to pass a virus on to someone
>> who does like it or is forced to use it.
>>

> That's a very (very) good point; one I tend to forget.  Thanks!

My older brother sends me emails to check out and make sure it is safe,
then I tell him if it is OK to open.  This is for attachments tho.  He
won't open a attachment even if from someone he knows.  I explained
those are the most dangerous ones to open.

A lot of Linux only users do forget that viruses have to spread to be
any good.  Linux may not catch the bug it is as good a carrier as
anything else.

Dale

:-)  :-)